Strengthening the position of Veterinary Institute Subotica in the domestic and foreign markets guarantees constant improvement of the quality and safety of products, and also improvement of all production and operational processes. The quality system is incorporated into all business segments and in all phases of identified production processes – from the development of a product to its control, storage and distribution.
Within the quality management system, the mission of Veterinary Institute Subotica is to accomplish, by continually improving all production performances, the production of veterinary drugs, veterinary vaccines, animal feed, biocides (DDD agents) and DDD services at the highest possible level of quality and safety, thus providing fulfilment of consumer expectation and requirements, by concurrent compliance with all relevant laws and regulations along with international standards. In line with this, the following policy has been adopted:
The objective of the Quality Assurance Centre is to obtain a safe product of required and uniform quality as a result of the process in the company, from the procurement of the starting material and production to the final control, storage and distribution to the market. The quality assurance activities are directed towards the implementation and maintenance of complete harmonisation of the company’s operations with all current requirements of the regulations in the fields of animal food production, veterinary drugs production, veterinary vaccines production and biocides production.
The laboratory part of quality control comprises laboratories for chemical tests and laboratories for microbiological tests. The Quality Control Centre operates independently. Veterinary Institute Subotica has established an adequate quality control system and has the staff and equipment necessary for testing all input materials as well as for testing semi-finished products, intermediate products and finished products. The assessment of the quality of the finished product covers all significant factors including the production conditions, results of the process control, report on the production procedures (including packing), and corresponding accompanying documentation on compliance with the specification of the finished product.
Standards and certificates
Animal food and drug production at Veterinary Institute Subotica is organised in line with all relevant international standards and domestic legislation. The Institute is the first veterinary institution in Serbia to have obtained the HACCP Certificate, and the only Serbian company engaged in the production of veterinary drugs that have obtained the EU GMP Certificate issued by the Bulgarian Food and Safety Agency for both pharmaceutical plants (the plant for production of liquid pharmaceutical forms in Subotica and the plant for production of solid pharmaceutical forms in Srpska Crnja). This is confirmation that the pharmaceutical production of Veterinary Institute Subotica meets the requirements of the pharmaceutical regulations related to the production of drugs prescribed by European guidance for Good Manufacturing Practice (EU GMP).
Production at Veterinary Institute Subotica is carried out in line with the following standards:
- ISO 9001:2008 – Quality Management System
- ISO 22000:2005 – Food Safety Management System, and within it the HACCP principles (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) – National Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practices for production of solid pharmaceutical forms
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) – National Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practice for production of liquid pharmaceutical forms
- EU GMP – European Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practice that confirms compliance with the European pharmaceutical regulations for the production of solid pharmaceutical forms
- EU GMP – European Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practice that confirms compliance with European pharmaceutical regulations for the production of liquid pharmaceutical forms
- ISO 14001:2004 – Environmental Protection Management System
- ISO 45001:2018 – Disinsection,Rodent Control, and Disinfection Services Management System